What is Resco Mobile CRM for Salesforce?
Why is offline functionality important?
- No connectivity– There are occasions when a Salesforce user performs his/her job on-the-go in areas with poor or no connectivity. Whether it is a developing country, secured environment, underground cellar or a user is just moving fast between mobile cells. For such cases, it is necessary to be able to work offline, sometimes even for days or weeks without connection.
- Slow or unstable connectivity– Even in developed countries, where Internet connectivity is generally perceived as very good, there are areas with poor 3G and 4G support. A weak connection causes slow performance, which can be even worse than no connection. Having the ability to work in offline mode protects users against interruptions, data loss and low-class job performance. Plus, it saves time and eliminates frustration.
- Faster performance & better user experience– Many field workers prefer working offline to working online – even when there is a reliable connectivity available. This way, they do not have to worry about the “slow Internet”, data limits and can work with many records and heavy data seamlessly.
Read more about Resco’s offline in this article.
Is Resco a start-up?
How is Resco integrated with the Salesforce platform?
Is our Salesforce data secure in Resco (and outside of Salesforce)?
Why to choose Resco in comparison to the similar solutions?
What’s the architecture of Resco for Salesforce?
All corporate data are stored within the Salesforce environment and there is no replication of business data to Resco Cloud. Resco stores only the following:
- Object metadata
- Mobile projects
- Reports, favorites, audit
- Project specific localizations
Any change in the Salesforce organization requires manual metadata update via Woodford. There are exceptions, where metadata update is handled by the mobile app.
- Object and field level permissions
- Users, profiles, permissions
- Layout and record type mapping
Read more about the architecture and metadata update in the Woodford guide.
Do you support Chatter?
STARTING OFF WITH RESCO
What’s the easiest way to connect Resco to Salesforce?
Do I need to do any programming prior to testing Resco on my Salesforce organization?
Can I get an out-of-the-box version of Resco with my Salesforce data for my use case?
Yes. Resco’s mobile solutions are very versatile. Field users can test mobility for Salesforce regardless the scenario. There are two options to start with:
Now, three out-of-the-box customizations for different use cases are available. Ready-to-use application with a pre-defined schema & objects is ready-made for Sales, Field Service and Inspection scenarios.
Read more about the customization templates available.
For such purposes, there is a code-free tool Woodford, to either modify existing mobile projects (be it Sales, Field Service or Inspections) or to customize the app for a case-specific scenario, and brand it to a unique business. For example, an admin can create a vertical solution (with Salesforce data) for sales reps executing customer visits for the pharma company.
Do I need different app versions for various users (e.g. for salesmen/field service technicians/inspectors…)?
Do I need to be a skilled programmer to further customize Resco?
How do the customizations work?
Most of the changes & configurations made within Salesforce are automatically imported to Resco, others are easily transferable. Resco offers extra customization options – tailor-made fonts, ready-to-use icon packs, color-coded calendars, depended picklists & lookups, and more. To learn more, check out this blog post.
*There are exceptions, when it comes to custom logic in Salesforce Triggers or VisualForce Pages. When these behaviors are needed while working offline, it is necessary to replicate them using Resco customization tools.
Can I use out-of-the-box objects from my Salesforce organization in Resco?
What else is there to know before I start working with Resco?
Salesforce Object = Entity in Resco
– the definition of information you store (standard or custom)
Salesforce Profile = Role in Resco
– represents a group of users, usually sharing the same permissions to perform different functions within Salesforce/Resco
Salesforce Role = Business Unit in Resco
– assigned responsibility of a user, partner account, or contact for specific accounts and opportunities
LICENSING AND PAYMENTS
Which Resco licenses are available and how to decide on which one to purchase?
- Purchase the Resco Enterprise license if:
your business mobile users work with standard sales/field service/inspection objects (or any other common CRM objects like Lead, Opportunity, Quote, etc.) or you need Enterprise class features such as Route Planning, Auditing or Device Security Management.
- Purchase the Resco Professional license if:
Your users will benefit from a countless number of features of Resco configured only for platform objects (e.g. Account, Contact, Event) and your business specific Custom objects.
If you are planning to use advanced Resco features, check out the official pricing information on our website.
What Salesforce license do I need for Resco to work?
Is the Resco license included in the price of the Salesforce license?
What payment method do you use to sell licenses?
IN-DEPTH TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
Does Resco support Lightning and can our custom-built Lighting components work in Resco?
Can your solution pass lightning app page layouts through, or is custom design of the app page layouts mandatory?
Which CRM systems are compatible with Resco apart from Salesforce?
Can Resco be integrated with an ERP system?
When I’m creating a custom Salesforce organization, do the changes apply to the Resco application? How does it work?
You mentioned that with Resco, you can work offline for days or weeks. How does Resco handle potential sync issues when the same record has been edited online and offline during this blackout?
Can Resco perform advanced business logic in offline mode?
Please note, that to make things more convenient, Resco supports standard Salesforce business logic for Sales and Service scenarios in offline mode out-of-the-box.
Can we export offline database for development or debug purpose?
Does geolocation work offline on all the platforms?
Are there any query limitations when configuring which records are available in Resco?
How are the triggers, workflows, validation rules and apex classes executed in Resco?
Does Resco support Gmail and Exchange/Outlook email & calendar integration?
Can we integrate Resco with generic emails via IMAP/POP3 protocols?
Will the caller’s name appear on the screen, if the person is not in my device contact list, but is my CRM contact?
Can Resco be configured to use Google maps instead of for example Bing maps predefined in Windows?
How can I control which fields will be visible in the layout?
Can we use Resco with Salesforce Partner Community Users?
I can’t I log in/register to the app.
I can’t I log in to the Woodford configurator.
Read the answer above. The same can apply to Woodford.
If none of above is the case, check whether the app was used to connect to your Salesforce organization already. It is mandatory to connect using the mobile app before you use Woodford. Also, please double-check your URL. For production organization, always type in: https://salesforce.resco.net and for sandbox: https://salesforce-test.resco.net.
I can’t sync or use the app in online mode with a message: “There was a problem granting access to the Resco mobile app for your account”
If you are a Woodford admin, you can use the same login to access Woodford (https://salesforce.resco.net) and Update Metadata. After a successful update, it will be possible to log-in to the mobile app again.