Mobile Sales Roadmap highlights and priorities
All pillars of the Resco mobile app are continuously improved. Forms and Views are receiving a lot of enhancements (rules, grids, fonts …) as well as Maps and Route Plans (private locations, geo-coding, fixed appointments). Synchronization as the backbone of mobile processes is also constantly perfected.
The ability to generate web pages from Woodford will greatly expand the possible use cases and scenarios for Resco technology. The same definition – a mobile project – will be used as the source for the web pages to provide a consistent user experience.
Dynamics 365/CRM, Salesforce & backend systems
Mobile sales processes rely on a direct integration with the backend system, so the business processes and operations defined on the server can be translated and utilized on a mobile device. We’ll support and improve the integrations with the most commonly used systems – Dynamics 365/CRM, Salesforce and Resco Cloud.
All features and details
The ability to generate web pages from a mobile project will mean that a web application with the same properties, features and functions as the mobile application will be created with a single publish – using the same definition as a mobile app and providing a coherent experience. These apps will be fast to deploy and greatly expand the possible use cases and scenarios.
The fixed, three-panel navigation of the mobile app allows Resco’s technology to easily adapt to different form factors. Adding further improvements, the navigation mechanism will offer more flexibility and customizability, while maintaining its adaptability:
- Collapsible Home form displayed as a ‘hamburger’ menu.
- Form-layering visualization to better indicate there are multiple forms stacked on top.
- Custom panel setup to specify where (in which of the three panels) the form will be displayed.
Form improvements – Items, margins & paddings
The following improvements to forms and their customizability are planned as well:
- New items: Image-item (displaying a picture), RichText-item (allowing to write rich text with bold, italic etc.), and Iframe-item (displaying an HTML page).
- Unification of margins/paddings and the ability to customize them.
List improvements – Lookup configuration, new items
Editable lists greatly improve the user experience; however, the administration experience lacks setting up view configurations for lookup editing, as well as better management of some other items. These improvements are planned in our long-term plans:
- Multi-record edit, to be able to set one value to multiple records at once.
- New/Improved items: Multiline-text, nullable numeric.
- View configuration for lookup editing, so when the user selects a record in the lookup field of the view, the options can be filtered.
Maps are essential for effective mobile operations. The ability to outline records on a map based on available geographic information is a stand out feature as it provides immediate value to the mobile workforce. To enrich their use in Resco’s technology, we’re planning the following enhancements:
- Private locations stored only on the device or in the user’s records (e.g. home address).
- Geocode-plugin allowing to run geocoding (translation of an address to latitude and longitude – or vice versa) as an automatic background process on the server.
- Configurable Legend within the map.
- Generic Address commands to allow better management of addresses (e.g. translate entered address to GPS).
- Configurable buttons on the map for custom actions.
Route plan improvements
The Route plan component allows creating a plan for the day visually on a map. Select records (Accounts, Contacts …) and add them to your route plan, which upon saving generates appointments (Appointments, Visits …). This will be extended further:
- Start creating a route plan from anywhere in the application: “Add-to-my-route” button available to be configured on a form or view to quickly add the selected record to the route plan.
- Fixed appointments which can’t be rescheduled by auto optimization algorithm.
Synchronization improvements – OAuth for SharePoint, Authenticated Iframe
More updates to the synchronization are planned long-term. Among others, following features are planned:
- OAuth support for SharePoint
- Authenticated Iframe, so that even custom pages are automatically authenticated with CRM login.
Form improvements – Grid design for forms
To effectively use different screen sizes and form factors – especially large ones – Resco will introduce a grid design for forms. With this layout, fields can be structured in a table/grid on the screen (instead of a linear form layout available now), so that multiple fields can be displayed in one row. Flexible spanning allows for one field to occupy multiple rows or columns if necessary. Form grid designer – similar to the Mobile reports designer will be added to Woodford for this purpose.
Resco’s Roadmap might be subject to change. The outlined features may be modified or updated before commercial release. Resco makes no warranties with respect to the information provided.
The work on this feature has already started. The expected delivery date in next release (usually March, June, September or December), but if the feature is more complex it might require two release cycles to be completed.
The feature has been implemented and will be released in Resco’s forthcoming release (next: September 2019).
This feature is on Resco’s roadmap and is waiting to be picked up by the development pipeline to get implemented.
The feature has been released in last Resco’s release (Version 12.1 – June 2019).