Create charts with multiple seriesNews & Insights
Multi-series charts: simply explained
A multi-series chart displays more than two values at once. It’s quite useful, when you want to compare and analyze data.
For example this chart shows won opportunities by account; showing not only the total revenue, but also the estimated one. So I can see how close does an estimate match the reality.
Step 1: Go to your Mobile Project in Woodford and choose an Entity (i.e. Opportunity) from the left panel. Expand the Entity and click on Charts.
Choose or create a chart in Woodford
Step 2: Click on New to create a new chart.
Step 3: From the top menu, select the type of a chart – Column, Bar or Line chart,
Note: you will not be able to create a multi-series pie chart.
Select the type of the chart
Step 4: Add a series
Add a series
Step 5: Set Legend Entries and Horizontal Axis Labels.
After you define the axes, you can also specify the aggregate function for each series which can show:
- Sum (sums up the values and shows the total)
- Avg (calculates the average of all values)
- Count:All (counts the number of records)
- Count:non-empty (counts the number of records that contain value in the selected field)
- Max (returns records with maximum values)
- Min (returns records with minimum values)
Pick the color for your chart. The arrows in the box next to it filter the records accordingly:
- None (no filter)
- Top (for example “Top 5” will show only the first 5 records with the highest values)
- Bottom (for example “Bottom 5” will show only 5 records with the lowest values)
Filter the records
At the end you can choose if you want to have Drill Down available in the app, and what fields should have this feature available.
You can also select what style should the chart have, either grouped, stacked, or default (you can also select this in the app as show in the first picture).
Drill Down and Settings
Select drillable fields
Selected fields are shown
That is it. Don’t forget to Save the chart and Publish the mobile project.