12 Attributes of a Truly Great Place to Work
written by Daniel Dolhy on September 21, 2011
Recently I bumped into this great article that can be found on the Harvard Business Review blog. Here is a brief overview of Tony Schwarcz’s advises on creating a truly great place to work:
- Commit to paying every employee at least a living wage.
- Give all employees a stake in the company’s success. Employees must be motivated to increase the value of a company.
- Design working environments that are safe, comfortable and appealing to work in.
- Provide healthy, high quality food.
- Create places for employees to rest and renew their energy.
- Offer a well equipped gym to encourage employees to move physically and stay fit.
- Define clear and specific expectations and give autonomy to the employees.
- Institute two-way performance reviews.
- Hold leaders and managers accountable for treating all employees with respect and care. Recognize the positive contributions.
- Support creative thinking and allow employees to pursue projects they’re especially passionate about.
- Provide incentives for your employees to learn, develop and grow.
- Stand for something beyond simply increasing profits.